Learning Link Advisors (LLA)
Learning link advisors are allocated to some identified parents within the school to work in partnership with them to attain a holistic approach for that child and their family.
Areas of support include:-
• To offer advice in a number of specific areas that support pupils learning, for example:- sensory needs, behaviour management, continence, sleep issues and social understanding.
• To help some parents to access the Maze support programme and the facilitation of this.
• To promote close collaboration between home and school which is hoped will directly benefit the child and empower the parent.
• Listening, advising and signposting to other appropriate support services.
• Liaison and referrals to other professionals, both in and out of school.
• Attending annual reviews, EHCP’s, Child in Need meetings and doing home visits where deemed necessary.
• Hosting coffee mornings and also organising and hosting other events to support families learning e.g., workshops.
• Assistance around accessing after schools clubs, holiday clubs and other external provisions. Includes advice around benefits and direct payment support.
• Contribute to the implementation of child’s learning plans.
• Do disability awareness training with other external settings e.g., local mainstream schools.