Shorefields Careers Support
Careers support in Shorefields supported by Peter Norfolk.
As part of the schools on-going commitment to offer as much careers/transitions support as possible, I wanted to let you know that I am available every Wednesday afternoon for a drop-in service in the school's Sunflower café from 2pm -3pm. This drop-in service is for any Parents/Carers who would like information on possible post 19 options, have any questions about their young person’s work experience, or anything relating to the schools Careers Programme. If for any reason I am unavailable, a member of staff will take a note of your enquiry and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Strands of Careers Education at Shorefields School
In order to support students to achieve their aspirations, careers education at Shorefields School consists of the following strands:
1) Vocational Education lessons to support students to identify their skills, interests and talents.
2) Work Related Learning opportunities offering meaningful vocational experience on site.
3) A varied programme of Social Enterprise Activities
4) Off Site Work Experience at local businesses and charities, including job coaching to support students to excel at these placements
5) Support, including from external agencies, with job coaching and planning next steps once leaving school.
6) Experiential work education for learners with needs which would make paid employment more challenging
Shorefields School are proud of the strong partnerships we have formed with the local community, enabling a high quality careers education including;
- Preparing For Adulthood Advisors
- Hawk Farm
- Nanny Jo’s Day Nursery
On Site Work Related Learning Opportunities:
The Sunflower Café
The Sunflower Café is a pupil led cafe which prepares and serves lunches for school staff and visitors daily. College pupils work alongside our café manager to prepare a range of hot and cold meals, which are then sold alongside drinks and snacks. Students also learn to operate the till as well as being responsible for other daily tasks such as; restocking fridges, tidying and cleaning.
College pupils carry out a wide range of Social Enterprise activities, raising money for school activities and for class trips. Social Enterprise activities are incorporated into the following lessons; gardening, craft and woodwork.
Main Careers Policy documents are accessible below. Details of our careers leader and contact information can be found in the Provider Policy.